About Our Company
18 Years as a Leader in Breast Health Education and Breast Health Navigator Training
EduCare Inc., a dedicated breast health education company, was founded in January 1994 by Judy C. Kneece, RN, OCN. For more than 18 years, EduCare has been a leader in providing the highest quality breast health educational materials for patients and healthcare providers, along with training healthcare professionals.
- 1st "How-To" Book for Newly Diagnosed Patients
- Breast Cancer Treatment Handbook, first published in 1995 and now in its 8th edition, has helped more than 295,000 women regain their control after a diagnosis.
- The book was written for newly diagnosed patients, leading them from diagnosis through recovery, addressing all areas of care-medical, emotional and social-and includes worksheets that empower patients to work as partners with their healthcare team.
- 1st Breast Health Navigator Training for Nurses
- More than 2,200 nurses have completed EduCare's forty-hour Breast Health Navigator training since 1994.
- 1st To Offer Comprehensive "How-To" Breast Center Workshops for Hospital Administrators
- Strategic Planning Trainings for breast center administrators, conducted since 1997, have helped more than 500 facilities implement comprehensive breast health programs, patient navigation and interdisciplinary conferences.
- The Strategic Planning materials include a manual with step-by-step guidance, sample clinical paths, and all assessment and implementation tools on CD.
- 1st Internet Breast Health Education Site
- EduCare launched their Internet education site for patients in 1996.
- 1st to Conduct Research with Patients Who Had Experienced Recurrence
- National focus groups, consisting of women who had faced recurrence, were held in 2000 in nine facilities nationwide to gather data on the emotional, social and physical impact of a recurrent diagnosis.
- 1st On-line Patient Education Library Dedicated to Breast Health
- COPE Library: Breast Health Edition, launch in 2010, provides medical facilities with patient education materials.
- The library consists of 430 topics in 22 categories.
- 1st to Research Sexuality After Chemotherapy
- National focus groups, consisting of patients who had taken chemotherapy, were held in 2001 to gather data on the changes in sexual functioning after chemotherapy. The research helped identify the experiences and educational needs of women undergoing chemotherapy.
- 1st Breast Cancer Support Partner Handbook
- Breast Cancer Support Partner Handbook was published in 1995 and is now in its 8th edition.
- The book was written to help a support partner understand the disease, treatment and how to best support a patient.
The company's mission has remained constant since the beginning, to continue providing high-quality educational tools to empower women to navigate a breast cancer diagnosis and to support healthcare professionals in their role.
"Education and caring is our company philosophy. Our goal is to raise the benchmark in healthcare delivery and improve the experience for those diagnosed with breast cancer. Over 258,000 women and men diagnosed yearly with invasive and in situ cancers deserve our best."